Friday, October 27, 2017

Day 11: We're Free!!!

Sunday, October 8th:

This was the day we were going home!!!!  Well, our Arkansas home on loan from Ms. Connie :)

The nurse told us that we would be out of there by 1pm.  Why did I believe her?  We hurried over to the hospital.

I took an infant CPR course (now terrified that I would ever need to use it!) .

Then we waited.

We signed papers and took off all his leads.

Then we waited.

The nurse said to pull the van around.  I needed to stay with Theo, so Danny took the kids to do just that.

Then, we waited and we waited and we waited.

To keep the kids entertained, Danny let them watch a movie in the van because we thought any minute we might get to leave.  However, the nurse came back to tell me that no one had gotten the birth mom's fingerprint.  A fingerprint?!?!  Now we needed to wait for someone who could give us permission to leave without it.

At one point I went out to relieve Danny and the van would not crank!  The battery had died.  What to do?  Call the only person in Arkansas we know - Ms. Connie!  She came to the rescue once again.  (Don't you think she will get a pretty enormous crown?  Not only did she jump off the van, but she came back in with us and gave the kids Dixie cups to stack (a brilliant time filler), some pumpkin muffins, and an outfit for Theodore.

Right when we had spread ourselves and all 287983 Dixie cups out in the Ronald McDonald House Danny called to say we were free to go!





I think that is one of my favorite feelings - when we are all loaded up in the van.  All my family was together heading out to begin our adventures as a family of 9! 

No comments:

Post a Comment