Saturday, September 30th:
Over night Theodore made so much progress. Many answered prayers! He was able to go to a regular bed without a warmer. Sadly, he had dropped 3 oz., but that was expected. Upon closer examination the siblings decided he looked like a little monkey :) I wouldn't let them hold, but they fought over touching his soft little feet. He got the hiccups and they shook his whole body! I got to change his diaper, and it took two nurses to hold him down for an x-ray!
An x-ray? Extra blood work? What?!?! The doctor explained that he might have contracted something from birth and until they could get him cleared he would be in a closed off room and we would have to wear special (suffocating) masks. Also, no more sibling visits. :(
This news made for a very long day. I dealt with doctors, nurses, asked tons of questions while Danny tried to keep the kids entertained by taking them to the park down the street and watching the football game.
While we were taking turns watching the kiddos upstairs at the Ronald McDonald House we met the sweetest people. They all had sick babies or babies who were born early. It was great to cheer with those who were getting good reports and pray for those who would be there long after we left. Even the volunteers were beyond patient with my talkative bunch :) . I think they know more about us than they ever wanted to know.
As a mater of fact, we noticed that each nurse or therapist that was working with Theo spoke of their faith openly when we asked. Their kindness towards us was unbelievable. One therapist I met while learning to give baby massage (I think I want to be a baby again just for that.) even wrote out a whole list of activities for kids in the area so we would know where to go for fun.
I just kept rocking and singing and praying. I also found he has a double crown that makes his hair perfect for a fauxhawk! Precious!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment