Friday, June 13, 2014

Three Weeks Airborne

Okay, so Danny was the one that was Airborne, but we definitely didn't stay in one place too long.  We hit the road to see what we could get ourselves into!  Since Danny was down in Georgia and had weekends off, it made sense to go down there too so we could see him on the weekends.  At first I missed the routine of laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning (I know, crazy.  I am just that Type A.) but we had tons of fun and wonderful time the family.  

We spent the first few days with my mom.  The highlight was watching the boys do her hair and find all of Hillary's old accessories.  This is Eli in his get-up.  I love the scrunchies all the way up his arm!


We headed over to the Melin casa to meet Baby Judah.  I have a separate post on everyone's reactions and the baby holding.  Let's just say I hope Juliet is born in a bubble!

Memorial Day was . . . memorable?  We had so much fun!  The day started with a 1 mile run with Jonah.  He finished after running the whole way in 11:17!  He was so proud of his medal.  Then Danny and I both finished second in our age groups in the 5K!


After the race we watched the parade!  Huck loved the marching band.  Eli was so glad that people kept giving him "all kinds of things!"  Benaiah and Maila actually sat for most of the parade and watched.  Such sweet kiddos!

We headed the Uncle Darryl and Aunt Nee Nee's for a Memorial Day cookout!  The boys had a blast swimming and were worn out by bedtime.  Unfortunately, Danny had to go to school, but only for four days.

Leave it to Aunt Ree Ree to supply the style!
 That next week we tried to stay busy visiting family, going to story time, eating and playing at Chick-fil-a, and getting haircuts.  The two most exciting events?  First, spotting a opossum outside the barber shop.  It had to be caught by a policeman.  Jonah said it had leprosy!  :D  Secondly, Papa Dave took the boys on a treasure hunt by the light of the moon!  They found jars filled with money, candy, and toys!  What a great grandpa!

When Danny came to visit the first weekend, we headed to the zoo.  I was so proud of the big boys for walking the whole time on their own little feet!


Always ready for a picture!



All my chickadees!

He tried to ride them! Benaiah LOVES animals!
We ended the day with ice cream!  Could it get any better?

Monday Danny was back at school and we headed to the spray park with Aunt Jessica, Uncle Jonathan, Maila, and Judah!  It was a little chilly, but Maila led us on a walk afterward to warm us all up!




Later that week we headed down to Augusta to see Gus Gus!  We ate lunch at a drive-in diner that has been around for 50 years.  Then, he took us to a natural spring!  The boys loved getting wet and drinking the water.  I have to say I was afraid they would get sick, but it never happened.  Watching Benaiah drink water out of my dad's hand was so cute.  His whole head just fit right in.


The next day we met Mrs. June, Ree Ree, and Mamzie for Chick-fil-a.  I love that they can play and climb and I can still be in air conditioning!

That next weekend we had another celebration to shower Baby Fox.  Then, I left with Danny for what turned out to be a mommycation.  I thought I might see him a little, but the joke was on me.  Oh, well!  I found I had to swim, exercise, and hike just to burn enough energy to sleep at night.  That shows you how much energy it takes to chase after my boys :D  I also crafted some bows and went shopping for clothes for Juliet!  I might be a little excited about a little girl!

 The boys had a blast on the Tour de Aunt!  They spent the first night with Aunt Ree Ree, stayed up until "midnight", and played with sidewalk chalk paint.  The second night was spent with Aunt Kristin watching a movie. And the third night they camped out in Aunt Nee Nee's living room!  I was so happy to see them when they arrived at Fort Benning, but I don't think they missed me much ;)

We all got to go to graduation together the next morning!

The boys waiting to see their Daddy!

Love those smiles!

So happy to see Daddy!

The tower to practice parachuting.

Amazing free-fall demonstration!

He's in there somewhere!

So proud of Daddy!

After I pinned his wings!

Can you stand all those muscles?
So, now we are all back home with our Airborne soldier.   In one day we have caught up on laundry, done meal planning and grocery shopping, gone to get patches sewn on, picked up library books, dead headed the garden, ran by the bank, got the oil changed and car washed, and played on the playground!  I miss the fun but boy that felt nice :D  Now for the weekend!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment