It all started with a simple question: What kind of cake should we make for Daddy for his birthday?
Huck insisted on a blueberry cake. I thought, "Perfect! It will be blue, his favorite color!" Oh, how wrong I was. I don't know what I was thinking. It ended up lavender. A nice lavender cake for such a manly man :D
However, with the help of my three big boys we made a delicious cake! And that's what matters, right? I tweaked a strawberry cake recipe and . . . TADA! It worked! I was amazed that the whole kitchen wasn't stained purple.
So, if you ever find yourself in need of a nice and easy blueberry cake, here is the recipe!
Blueberry Birthday Cake
1/2 c. cold water
1 small package blueberry jello mix (I couldn't find blueberry at the commissary, so I used blackberry.)
Mix these two ingredients together until the jello mix is dissolved. Add:
4 eggs
3/4 c Wesson oil
1 box white cake mix
10 oz. blueberries in syrup (I used canned blueberries and drained out just the blueberries to make the 10 oz.)
Beat well and bake in greased and floured pans at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Icing:
1 box confectioners sugar
1/2 c. juice drained from blueberries
1 stick butter, softened
Beat by hand until smooth. Ice when cake is cooled. Enjoy! Benaiah certainly did!


No comments:
Post a Comment