With Jonah we had a cake. With the twins we had balloons. With Benaiah we had a surprise. Danny loves coming up with fun ways to tell our friends and family which "flavor" of baby we are expecting. This time I thought it would be fun to do something for him!
Everyone knows two heads are better then one, and this endeavor wasn't an exception. My sister had this great idea to have a BINGO type card with tasks he had to complete. I took the idea and ran with it. I decided to have different family members text him each hour with a task he had to accomplish. After he completed the task he would text back "Finished". He or she would then give him a number of circles to mark off, for example, "Two blues, 1 pink." He had to do push-ups, sing songs, text advice, run, knock out some jumping jacks, and many other fun activities!
I thought it was a wonderful idea. . . Danny almost went insane having to wait the whole day, especially knowing I knew the answer. To add a complication, we were traveling to Georgia that day, so all the tasks had to be done in the car or at rest stops.
In the end he had one of each color . . . and then . . .
Woohoo! I was a little bummed by Danny's initial reaction. He didn't seem very excited. However, after the shock of pink wore off he was over the moon! Our family was "tickled pink" (especially Eli) :D
Now to pick a name . . . and find some adorable things for her to wear!
No comments:
Post a Comment