Thursday, January 2, 2014

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things - Veggies!

I made the mistake last week of trying to serve my family brussel sprouts.  I had only had them once before and remembered thinking they were disgusting.  However, there are not many veggies I don't like, so I figured they were just cooked poorly.  Well, let me tell you - there is a reason why brussel sprouts are the brunt of all vegetable jokes.  Danny and I choked them down while trying to convince the boys to finish theirs.  Oh well!  Live and learn!

There are, however, some vegetables that my boys ask for again and again . . .

The first . . . Steam Fresh Sugar Snap Peas!  Find them in your freezer section.  Pop them in the microwave.  Easy enough!

The second is a "recipe" for green beans.  My boys ate thirds and asked for more the next day.  I took frozen green beans and poured them into a glass baking dish.  Then, I sprinkled them with dry Italian dressing mix and covered them with aluminum foil.  350 degrees for an hour or so.  So yummy!

Not many moms are blessed with boys who ask for salads for snack and want to eat the mashed pea baby food, but I am thankful to be one!  Hope one of these veggies get your kiddos eating green too!

No comments:

Post a Comment