One of my favorite times of the week is our trip to the library! I love how the boys say goodbye to each book as they put it in the book return slot. (Sometimes they cry and ask the librarian if they can keep it for another week. So sweet.) I love how they are so excited they can't be super library quiet - they are quieter than normal. :/ I love how each child knows where their favorite books can be found. My boys are book lovers which makes this momma happy because there is nothing I like more than cuddling and reading with my sweet little bookworms!
However, their excitement means we often leave the library with many - I mean MANY - books and only a few are worth reading more than once. So, I thought I would let the boys tell me their favorite book from the week and post it here to help other moms trying to make boys into book lovers. Who knows, I might even end up posting one of my favorites!
Without further ado . . .
This Is Not My Hat - This book made the boys laugh and laugh! A little fish is confessing about his latest steal - a hat. He is convinced that he will not get caught . . . probably. All the while the true owner is right on his tail.
Open Very Carefully - The ugly duckling is trying to read his story when an alligator comes into his book! The boys loved rocking the book to put the gator to sleep and shaking the book in an attempt to get him out. Then, the alligator chews a hole right through the back of the book!
Piggies in Pajamas - This rhyming book's appeal probably came from the fact that my piggies try to party at bedtime every night. I loved the ending! So sweet!
Now, on to the library to check out some more wonderful reads!
No comments:
Post a Comment