Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love In A Box

Today was the first day that I have not felt totally overwhelmed.  I am sure that feeling will come back but I am going to enjoy the strength I had today.  One of the events that made today so wonderful was getting to send off Danny's first care package.  I know it sounds crazy but getting this box out has been one of the things stressing me the most.  I want to be a good wife, and while I know he has no expectations, I want him to be proud of me and feel love from me.  It made me so excited to get some love shipped his way.  I feel so close to him when I plan out the "ingredients" and fill the box with notes and gifts.  It was even decorated!  So, without further ado . . . Danny's 1st Box!!!



I realize you can't make out what is in it, but the numerous paper bags are part of the fun.  In the past, I have been able to send something for Danny to open each day while he has been away at trainings.  However, none of his trainings have been anywhere near this long.  He barely had room for the "Word Of The Day" jar I made him.  I also can't even guess when each package will actually make it into his hands so I can't date the packages to be opened on a certain day.  With each prize wrapped individually he won't see all the contents right away and he can open them as fast or as slowly as he wants.  I also got to write little notes on each bag.

His box includes:
- a pair of PT socks he left and I know he will need
- banana chips from his four little monkeys
- popcorn because I miss him so much I am about to POP!
- a shirt he has been wanting that says "I like running because I really love dessert"
- trail mix bars because I am about to go "nuts" without him
- a green mug with mix to make brownie in a mug (with green M&Ms)
- Nutella samples because any food they serve will taste better with that stuff
- The bottom is full of shiny green grass.

I am proud of my first box.  The second one is already decorated and ready to be filled.  Now, I just have to wait until he gets there and lets me know some things he needs. 

Oh, and for all you who are thinking "Danny can see this and won't even be surprised."  He has been instructed not to read this post and he is a very obedient husband.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment