First, I finished my mom's birthday present. It is only a month late :/ I fell in love with several kitchen fabrics at the store and decided to make casserole carriers. I found the tutorial here. I made a few changes so the carrier would fit a larger variety of casserole dish sizes and . . . . voila! It turned out beautifully!
The actual sewing took a little creativity. My sewing machine is a peddle machine which means that having children underfoot could mean a sudden surge in the speed of my needle if, say, a child decides to crawl on the peddle or use the peddle as a car ramp. My solution -
Yes, I had to stand and sew with my foot on the table the whole time, but I was afraid I would never get it finished if I only got to sew while they were in bed. It was a great stretch!
My second project will take 18 years to finish so I thought I would go ahead and share it. When Jonah turned one we took a picture of him in one of Danny's shirts. It swallowed him whole but wasn't he oh so cute?
Then on his second birthday we put him in the same shirt. Still cute but a lot more wiggly!
So, this year we put the boys in Danny's shirts, too!
Now it is time to get back to sewing some more casserole carriers! More birthdays are coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment