Sunday and Monday we took a whirlwind trip up to Fort Bragg to run a billion little errands. The drive in itself was an adventure. We left at 4:30 thinking we would drive for a little while, stop and eat dinner, and then travel the rest of the way while the boys slept. Ha!
During our first stop to get gas, I hear a strangely familiar noise in the backseat. Huxton was throwing up EVERYWHERE! It took 30 minutes to clean everything up and then the gas pump didn't even work. On the road again, and then we stopped at a rest stop to have a picnic. Jonah wanted introduce himself to a busload of "sistas" heading to NYC. I think they would have taken him with them if I would have let them. We decided picnic meals are perfect with kids because they can run around for a bit and it is cheaper and healthier. Jonah didn't really feel like sleeping so he stayed up and talked us to death until 10:30 or so. I guess that was his way of keeping himself and us awake. We finally crawled into the beds at the hotel at 12:30. Oh, and Jonah thought the hotel was our new house in "Carolina". Easy to please.
The next morning, Huxton woke up hungry at 5:45. So we fed them, bathed them, and went for a run. Then we got ready to go see our . . . . . NEW HOME!
Since Jonah is a little two much like his mommy, I have already been talking about the move to help prepare him. Type A's have to stick together like that. We have tried to help Jonah with the transition by talking about his new house. He is very excited! A few of the things he is excited about:
1. Stairs
2.Tthe swing set (or playground as he called it)
3. His own big boy potty (Can you tell what we are going to work on this summer?)
I just hope this excitement stays when he realizes we are going to stay there, and we won't be coming back to his old house. He also thinks the little boy that currently lives there is going to be there when we move in. Uhhh . . .
A few of the things I am excited about:
1. SPACE!
2. Big ol' kitchen
3. A playroom that does not double as my kitchen, living room, or bathroom
I really wanted to post pictures, but we forgot to take any and the ones the owners sent won't work. Oh well! I guess everyone will just have to come visit and see it in person!
After viewing the house, we had lunch with Jonathan, Ronnie, and Ronnie's friend Rachael. The boys were so good at the restaurant - couldn't have asked for better. Well, we could have asked for the changing table in the restroom. My guess is that they will get one after they saw Danny changing the boys on the booth in the back! :D
We spent the afternoon on base. Danny got to meet his Chaplain's Assistant. She is super sweet and has little boys too! He also got to meet some commander (I will understand it all one day - I promise!) who is a Christian and could be a great friend for Danny once we move up there. He was a great help. Danny is going into a strange situation. This unit has never had a Chaplain or even a Family Readiness Group, so there are lots of opportunities for ministry to families and soldiers. Unfortunately, since they have never had a Chaplain they don't have a fund for him, an office, a phone number, or a clear picture of what to do with him. Thankfully, we ran into a very kind man who is getting Danny a sponsor (kinda like a mentor) and is going to help get things squared away. Prayers in this area are greatly appreciated! I know my handsome husband is a hard worker and is dedicated to ministering to soldiers. I just don't want someone's lack of with-it-ness(?) to make him look unprofessional. I feel like I should break out in a chorus of "My Guy" or "Stand By Your Man". Hee hee!
So, we sweated to death getting the boys in and out of the van all over post, but is was s successful visit. Our trip home was much less eventful and much faster! Now we just await the move day - June 1st. I can't believe the time has finally come. We have been working toward this for 6 years and now it is here. I am quickly becoming the most emotional being on the face of the planet. The hugs are getting a little longer, and I am seeing people that I may never see again. I just keep reminding myself that it is all part of God's plan for us. He never promised His way would be easy, but our way will be blessed because we follow it.
I love your stories! :) You have such a sweet family and no doubt God is going to use you ALL in NC! :) Jonathan & I both thought we saw you last week at the Southeastern graduation, but then we decided it probably wasn't you, b/c we didn't think Danny's brother (I think that's who is up here?) was graduating yet! Good luck with the move! We can totally relate, we are moving next week too! Granted not to a different state, but a few hrs east to Greenville, NC. Maybe Jonathan & Danny will run into one another some now that you're at Ft Bragg. He has his official interview for the Chaplaincy this coming weekend and if all goes well, will be ascesioned as a full Chaplain soon! yay! :) And "rumor has it", he's got a fairly good shot at being placed with a Guard unit (referred to as the "252" by his buddies) in Fayetteville! Praying for smooth transitions & a easy move! Take care girl!
ReplyDelete