I hate to always post depressing stories about how sick my kids are, but lately that is all that is going on around our house. So, here is another update on my three precious boys . . .
After visiting the doctor on Wednesday, we got a referral to a Pediatric GI doctor! Woohoo! So, I called to set up the appointment in NC knowing we would be up there in a week and a half (yikes!) "Our first available appointment is August 22nd." Really? If I have to clean up throw up until August 22nd someone is going to have to come drag me out of the bathroom I lock myself in. So, they found another doctor with an appointment in July, but said I would have to call our insurance to make sure they would cover the other doctor. Well, during my discussion with the insurance company I discover that once our insurance flips over to the active duty insurance the referral is void and I would need to wait to be assigned to a doctor, make an appointment, get a referral from the new doctor, and then set up an appointment with the GI doctor - and I thought August was a long time to wait. So, my sweet husband called to see if they could swing something for us. An appointment tomorrow morning? Sure! So this morning we headed down to Atlanta to visit the doctor.
We had to leave the house at 6:15. Around 7:15 a terrible smell starts filling the van. Once we parked we found out that Huck had filled his car seat with a big present for us! It was just what we wanted to smell the rest of the day. We couldn't even get the smell off him! Ugh!
We loved the doctor! Of course, we knew he had to be great since he worked us in before all his other appointments that morning. He was thorough. He listened. He made a plan. He explained everything so well. Then, he ordered blood work :/ " How in the world do they get blood from a 13 month old?" I asked myself. The answer: the same way they get blood from an adult. It broke my heart to hold my sweet babies down. The technician tried one stick in each arm, but couldn't get any blood. So, they sent us across the street to Scottish Rite to see if they could work some magic. I had to practically lay on Eli this time. He is a strong little guy! However, two more sticks and they got all the blood they needed. Huck and Eli both have tests scheduled early next week, and all results should be back by Friday. I finally feel like we are headed in the right direction to get the little boys some help.
We went to pick up Jonah and then headed home. The boys all napped until 5:00 in the afternoon! Then, more fun. Eli threw up (what's new) and Jonah waited to throw up until we were at the Y. Nice! Then again at dinner! I needed to mop my floors anyway. Poor fella!
So, here I sit. Once again too tired to do anything even though they are all asleep and this could be a most productive time. Continue to pray for my sweet little boys (and maybe a little prayer for this momma, too)!
No comments:
Post a Comment