Lately, I have found myself thinking of the things I will really miss about Clermont - my running group, the sidewalks, being close to family, ready babysitters, loving church family, great neighbors, no traffic, no smells of fast food around lunch time . . . and the list goes on and on. So, I started googling some information about North Carolina to get myself excited about moving to Fort Bragg.
Some information I found:
North Carolina's state vegetable is the sweet potato. Now, for anyone who knows me you know that I LOVE sweet potatoes. Maybe since it is the state vegetable it will be cheap. Who knows?
There is a nice library close to the base with a toddler story time almost every day! Jonah will love that!
There is a Dairy Queen right outside the gate (at least according to the map).
Now for the strangest piece of trivia I uncovered . . . North Carolina has a state carnivorous plant! Really!?!?! Firstly, are there really enough carnivorous plants to make it necessary to designate one as the state's official carnivorous plant. Secondly, how many of the carnivorous plants in the world live in North Carolina? Should I start getting worried about my boys' safety? Lastly, who thought North Carolina needed a state carnivorous plant in the first place? What's next? They also thought to designate a state red berry and a state blue berry (which is the blueberry). I guess they couldn't decide on one berry so they found a way to compromise. Anyway, North Carolina's state carnivorous plant is the venus flytrap.
We are headed to the Venus Flytrap State this weekend to start scoping out some houses and get a feel for the area. Hopefully, we will also be able to complete our orientation to moving. That isn't the real name for it, but the acronym escapes me at the moment. :)
On a little boy note: Eli learned what a cow says! It is the cutest little "moo" you will ever hear.
Time for me to get packing! Five people to pack takes a lot of time (and suitcases)!
No comments:
Post a Comment