Sunday, February 12, 2012
Five Years in the Making
Five years. . . that is how long it has been since Danny and I started our life together. Five years. . . that is the amount of time we have been building our family (which now includes the three sweetest boys ever). Five years. . . that is how long we have been waiting for the call we got last week. When I first met Danny, he had already committed to becoming an Army Chaplain. Since then he has been working on his seminary degree, serving as associate pastor at our home church, and serving in the Army Reserves. He was not guaranteed a position as an Active Duty Chaplain, but he was confident in the direction God was leading him. Actually, the closer to seminary graduation we got the less likely it looked. I could recount for you many stories of how God has shown himself faithful in our journey thus far but to make a long story short - we got a call last Wednesday saying that he has been accepted as an Active Duty Chaplain for the United States Army! I am so proud of him! Of course, becoming an Army family is going to be a big change for us. We are going to miss our family and friends, but we are excited about this opportunity that God has placed before us. So, I am starting this blog to share our journey with those we love. I plan to share our experiences, updates on the boys and their mischief, and probably random rants from time to time as I try to be the mother and wife God has called me to be. See if you can keep up with the Many Mini Melins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment