Wow! This week really flew by - at least that is the way it feels now that it is Friday. However, when I look back at what I got done the list is very short. Oh well!
God was really showing off this week. I have really had it on my heart to pray for the men's Bible study that started at church this past Monday. I thought to myself, "I will pray for 25 men to show up because that is way more than they usually have, and even if God can't pull that off they will still have a good number." Ha! They had 28! My God always goes way beyond what I can imagine.
Valentine's Day started out so well. I got back from my run to find roses and chocolate on the table. Then Danny made us all heart-shaped blueberry pancakes. Pancakes are my favorite food in the entire world. (If you have never tried peanut butter pancakes, they are amazing!) Anyway, I decided I would make lasanga for dinner since that is Danny's favorite meal. He really likes it with fried okra, but who serves lasagna with fried okra?!?! I had dreams of a nice dinner, but my boys had other dreams. Jonah managed to bop Huck on the head, and Eli cried the whole time. We both had to reheat dinner twice in the microwave. At least we tried. :)
So, I later found out why Eli was so fussy. I think he was bitten by the love bug! He has been feverish since then and so pitiful! Being his mommy, I like him cuddling with me but not when he is so sad. He just lays around in my arms all day. This, of course, makes the other two brothers very jealous!
I have tried to spend a little extra time each day with Jonah so his jealousy is kept at bay. We have played with his new racetrack. (This consist of me gathering the cars, him racing them down the track, and me gathering them again. Loads of fun let me tell you.) We painted a little and played with his t-ball set. T-ball proved to be slightly embarrassing for me. He never missed - not even once! I, however, would swing and miss a thousand times. It is on a tee for heavens sake! Apparently all my efforts at keeping him busy were in vain because today I hear, "Mommy, stuck. Help me!" When I find him he is trying to free his truck from the ice maker. Oh, dear!
So, now I am looking forward to the weekend with my little family and hoping no one else gets bitten by the love bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment