Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Our First Trip to Fort Bragg

Towards the end of last week Danny and I took our first trip to Fort Bragg to scope out the area and take care of some business.  I have to admit, I was not all that excited about the trip.  I am not sure why.  Maybe because I had this beautiful picture in my head of what the fort and neighborhoods would look like and I knew they could never look that good. Maybe it was because I really hate leaving my sweet boys.  Maybe it was because I was having one of those days where you just feel blah.  Anyway, Danny was SUPER excited about the trip so I went along.  We left Thursday night and arrived at 11pm.  The GPS took us through the worst part of town to get us to the fort.  Let's just put it in Jonah's words and say "God is sad".  Then the check-in lady at the hotel gave us the wrong room number.  Good thing the people in the room were asleep because we definitely tried to get in their room.  We finally hit the sack at midnight.  Who would have thought riding in a car could be so exhausting? 

Friday morning Danny and I went for a long run and came back to find that the hotel was out of hot water!!!  Thankfully, the past night's events and the cold shower made the day only get better.  Were else could it go but up, right?  We were suppose to attend a transportation seminar, but were blessed to meet a sweet lady who "took care of us" so we didn't have to spend four hours of our house hunting day in meetings. 

Off we went in search of a house!  At first, I was optimistic and ready to find the perfect little neighborhood.  Three hours later we had looked at one house and hadn't found a neighborhood that would really suit our needs. They were either too pricey, had no yard, too small, too big, too far from base, etc.  However, God sent a very nice realtor our way.  Danny had called her earlier in the day to get some info on a house.  She invited us to come to her office to look at some properties, but I really didn't want to go sit in an office with someone who would push us toward making a decision.  After our attempts at house hunting had failed, she called us back just to check on us.  I finally gave in a we went to her office.  Long story short - she helped us find several properties and narrow our search down to two neighborhoods!  Woohoo!  That makes a city a little less overwhelming!  Now we are waiting until closer to our rental date to choose a specific house. 

We went for another run on Saturday, but because there was no PT, I had plenty of nice hot water.   Then, we went to look at some uniform parts for Danny and stopped by to visit some friends on our way home. 

Whew!  It was quite a whirlwind trip!  Pretty soon those roads will be a well-beaten path :D

No comments:

Post a Comment