This past week has been tough - not only physically but emotionally as well. I have been studying James 1, which is about facing trials with joy and God giving perfect gifts. Well, let me tell you, this week brought that scripture to life.
Most of it started on Wednesday. I had just finished cleaning up lunch and was in the middle of changing diapers before everyone went down for naps. Huck was all clean, so I set him down in the hallway to play with Jonah while I changed Eli. No sooner had I taken Eli's diaper off when Huxton came flopping into the room. Something in my gut told me it was all wrong. I set Eli down bare bottomed and picked up Huxton. By this time his lips were already blue, and he wasn't breathing. My heart started to race and I was in a panic! My first guess was that he had found something small and choked on it. I began the Heimlich while moving toward the door to yell at the neighbors. He just turned bluer and bluer and his eyes started rolling back in his head. All I can remember is yelling, "No, no"! I was almost to the door when I raised him for the third time to sweep his mouth. Nothing ever came out but he took in a breath and turned ghostly white. Then he began to breath again. I held him close and took some deep breaths myself. My heart was racing and then the tears began to flow. I just couldn't help myself. What if he hadn't come into the room where I could see him? What if I didn't know the Heimlich maneuver? What if I had lost my little man? It was all more than I could handle. I called Danny and the doctor. Needless to say we spent the rest of the day in the doctor's office and getting x-rays. No one can really give us a definite reason why Huck stopped breathing and we may never know. However, nearly losing him made me even more thankful for my little boys.
Thursday, I returned from running to find Eli throwing up and running a fever. This is his third or fourth fever in the past two months. He only weighs 14 1/2 pounds and will be one in one month. So, I took him into the doctor to see what could be causing him to get sick all the time. It was a virus :/ They hated to tell me, but he is just the weaker one (nothing I didn't already know). We came home to rest and I noticed a rash on Jonah. At first I thought it was a heat rash from all his chins :) Then it started to spread. Next came the "Mommy, I itchy" and "Mommy, it hurt". Medicine for Jonah . . . I could run a pharmacy by now! My poor boys. Later that evening Huxton started coming down with the virus. When it rains it pours!
Friday, we took Huxton for his EKG. That afternoon Jonah wanted me to lay with him in bed until he fell asleep. I napped with Jonah for two whole hours :D Hee hee!
Thankfully, I got to go shopping with my momma today while Danny watched the boys. I was so happy to get a break and escape the house! I will be so happy when all my little men are well again!
No comments:
Post a Comment