We walked in the door late in the evening on Easter after a day of church, eating, and egg hunting. We were all exhausted! I figured everyone would go right to sleep. Then I heard this little voice say, "Mommy, cuddly with me." What mother could resist? I don't think the years of him asking me to cuddle with him are endless. So, we cuddled down in his bed and started talking. The conversation went like this:
Me: Jonah, did you have a great Easter?
Jonah: Yes, Mommy.
Me: Why do we have Easter? Is it because Jesus is alive?
(Long Pause)
Jonah: And chocolate . . . more chocolate.
Me: Ha ha! Are you the chocolate monster?
Jonah: No, I Jonah. I not a ghost, I not a lion. (Starts to laugh - I think he was referring to when he puts a blanket on his head and pretends to be a ghost and when he puts on his lion hooded towel.)
A little later . . .
Jonah: Jonah home, brothers home, Mommy home, Daddy home, everybody home!
Me: Everybody is home and I like it.
Jonah: I like it too, Mommy. I like it too!
Makes me laugh and melts my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment