Wow! I know it is cliche, but this first year has really flown by. I can't believe we are celebrating Huck and Eli's first birthday today! They have both grown from tiny babies to little boys. Huck has become Jonah's number one playmate. He takes what he wants and doesn't mind being wrestled with. He is independent and is walking everywhere! Eli is our little professor. He likes to read books and sit quietly by himself. He is our cuddler and the smallest of the two - truly my baby. I love being their mom. Of course, there were days when I wouldn't have wished twins on my worst enemy, but most of the days I lay in the floor being attacked by slobber and sticky little hands and I wouldn't have it any other way.
This year has been a blessing and full of so many lessons. I thought I might share a few . . .
- The people at Kroger really do see me trying to carry three kids around their store. They now have new FOUR passenger buggies. Woohoo!
- Build in an extra 15 minutes to any shopping trip. It will be used to answer all the questions and stories people have.
"Are they all yours?" (Nope, found 'em in the parking lot.)
"Are they triplets?" (Yes, this one up front just grows so much faster!)
"You sure have your hands full." (Full of good things!)
"You know what causes that, right?"
"How do you tell them apart?"
"Are they girls or boys?" (They are dressed in blue from head to toe.)
"My cousin had boy-girl identical twins." (Really?)
"I went to school with/am/saw/dated/married/watched a show about a twin."
etc . . .
- I am stronger than I think. Sometimes I just need to have no other choice than to do it on my own - and then I do!
- Love DOES multiply.
- My boys love me for being their Mommy. They wouldn't trade me for a skinnier, smarter, richer, or more energetic one. They think I am great - and so does God. Now if I could just believe that all the time.
- Boys are loud and very messy. However, you don't have to waste time with frills, bows, or tights so I have the time to clean.
- Kids can learn anything you are willing to teach them.
- Bath crayons and bubble wands are AMAZING!
- Legos and matchbox cars are of the devil. They jump right where I am about to step every time.
And last but not least . . .
- I have the best three boys in the whole world!
No comments:
Post a Comment