I see soooo many people posting what they are thankful for on Facebook. I think it is a great idea, but if you know me you know I have no shortage of words, and one line to say what I am thankful for each day is just not going to cut it. So, I thought I would post once a week with seven "thankfuls" and use all the words I want!
#1 My Heavenly Father
I am so thankful that God called me to be His at such a young age and that He is still working on me. He is forever faithful and the ultimate example of love, mercy, and grace.
#2 My Man!
Not only does God love me, He loved me so much that he made the perfect match for me. I am thrilled to have spent the past six years with Danny and can't wait for many more. He is patient, sacrificial, forgiving, humble, and such a servant. He is also a wonderful father to and example for our boys. I love that he prizes family time as much as I do. It brings a smile to my face to watch him wrestle with our boys.
#3 Jonah
My first little boy is such a precious gift and I am thankful for everything that makes him him. He is smart, witty, and nothing gets past him. He loves to read (which is a favorite hobby of mine) and will cuddle if I "use my words". He loves schedules like his Momma and loves to be my helper in the kitchen. He is adventurous and full of energy which makes me leave my comfort zone and do wild things that mommies of boys do!
#4 Huxton (aka: Huck, Huckle, Huckle Buckle, Huckleberry, Chunky Monkey, Rascal)
I am so thankful that God added Huck to our family. He provides hours of funny faces, tons of energy, and lots of silliness. He keeps me humble because whenever I think I have finally figured out this discipline thing he throws a wrench in it. He is creative (which also means he can find new ways to get in trouble). I love how kissable his chubby checks are!
#5 Eli
I am thankful that God made Eli with a heart just like his Daddy's. He is the most loving and giving child I have ever met. I am thankful that he brings peace to the playroom. His little smiles make me smile too!
#6 Baby ?
I feel so blessed to be carrying our fourth child. I know God has big plans for all my children, but He is using this baby already to teach me faith. God knew Danny would be gone for the first 8 months we had this little one, and He will give me the strength to thrive during that time.
#7 My Momma
I am thankful for my mom. She is such a strong woman of wisdom and love. She gives selflessly and is a more-than-wonderful grandmother for my children. I am thankful that she loves to talk as much as I do because I call her ALL THE TIME. :D
#8 My One and Only Sister!
I am thankful God gave me a baby sister - even if I didn't get to name her Grits. She is funny and genuinely cares about others. She makes an awesome aunt! I am thankful she found a job doing what she does best - teaching.
#9 The rest of my family ( I realize that if I keep going one person at a time I will never fit in anything else I am thankful for.)
I am thankful for a close family. I have a Maw and Poppy that I enjoyed spending hours with when I was younger. Maw is so sacrificial and serves our family all the time. Poppy is great with math homework, funny, and always has candy waiting. I am thankful he saved me from getting in trouble more than a few times. I am thankful I got to spend my growing up years right beside my Uncle Darryl, Aunt Anita, Dustin, and Hannah. They overflow with love! So many four-wheeler rides! Now, Jonah, Huck, and Eli have fun playmates every time we visit. I am also thankful for my Dad's side of the family. Although I don't get to see them much, they have helped me make some wonderful memories.
#10 My In-Law Family
God blessed me with a LOT of family when I said, "I do". I am so thankful that they love the Lord and love me like I am their own. I finally got the brothers I always wanted. I always wanted two brothers, but five will do :D I also got two more sisters, more aunts and uncles than I can count, and another set of grandparents!
There are my first ten "thankfuls"! Boy, I am one blessed girl because these are family that money can't buy!
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. ~ James 1:17
Beautifully put. :-) Miss you girl. I am glad you are back to blogging though. :-)
ReplyDelete