Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Give Thanks for . . . 11-20!

We have had one of those weekends that is suppose to be relaxing, but ends up you need a weekend to rest from the weekend.  Danny was leading a Strong Bonds event at Myrtle Beach. (I don't see the reason of being at the beach in the winter unless, I guess, you want to avoid seeing anyone in a bathing suit.)  We spent the weekend pouring into marriages and families.  While it is a wonderful event I miss my kiddos (who end up in childcare) and my sleep (we all shared a one room hotel).  So, I am very thankful for . . .

#11 - God's Provision

I am thankful for the roof over my head, the food in my kitchen, and the ability to be able to stay home as a full-time mommy.

#12 - My Church Family

Even though we are far away I am thankful that church family is always family.  Whether they are from our childhood churches or from those we have been a part of as adults, they have blessed our lives so much!

#13 - God's Word

I am so thankful that I can sit face-to-face with my heavenly Father each day!  His word is full of so much encouragement, challenge, and promise.

#14 - The Army

Never thought I would say this, but I am thankful for the Army.  Not only do they pay my husband, but they have given me a great opportunity to learn a lot about myself and my family.  PWOC has been a blessing, and I also appreciate the "free" medicine and doctor's appointments.

#15 - Books

I am thankful for so much to read.  I especially love to read with my boys!  It probably has something to do with all the cuddles I get!

#16 - Sleep

I really appreciate the time I get in my bed!  I am thankful that the boys sleep until 8 so I can sleep and still get up and get things done before they wake up.  Not only my sleep, but also nap time.  I get so much done during that "quiet time".

#17 - Health

I am so thankful that I can exercise and that I feel great most of the time.  I don't have to spend time in the doctor's office and I can run (well, most of the time) until my heart is content!

#18 - The Great Outdoors

I think if I had to stay inside all day I would go crazy.  So, I am thankful that God made everything from my backyard to the wonderful Dahlonega mountains!

#19 - Friends

Just realized that not all my friends are family/church members.  Some of them fall into my life to run with me, have play dates, or watch my kiddos.  I am thankful for all those that God brought into my life to make me a better person and to lend a helping hand.

#20 - My Education

While some would say I don't use it now, I disagree.  I use it everyday teaching three of the best students!


There's 11-20 and I think I will stop there because tomorrow is Thanksgiving!  I want to enjoy my time with my little family.  It will be the first time I haven't eaten at Maw's on Thanksgiving in my whole life!  I guess I should end with being thankful that she taught me how to cook!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment