With every pregnancy I have (thankfully!) felt less and less sick. I am not saying that this time around has been a walk in the park, but it is nowhere near as "reassuring" as the first. :D However, with each pregnancy some things have increased. First of all being exhaustion. Not a surprise because I now spend my days taking care of four active little boys. It is a joy and an honor, but tiring.
The other increased symptom stuck me as strange. It has been my sense of smell. With my first pregnancy, bacon and popcorn were the only offenders. But, who really wants their home to smell like those? I don't see any bacon flavored candles. Now the list of offensive smells has grown and grown, and it is getting out of hand!
Here is the list:
My toothpaste
My deodorant (I changed both of these 'cause you can't go around without them!)
Our laundry detergent
Our dish soap and hand soap (I changed these two too!)
The pantry
My husband (or at least his bodywash . . . and the smell of him after he rides in his car.)
My children (the "after recess" smell with which all teachers can relate)
The bread aisle in the commissary
Fresh baked cookies
So, if you see me walking around with a clip on my nose . . . it's survival!
No comments:
Post a Comment