First, I have to say, Danny was a willing volunteer. He actually loves Pintrest. He never gets on there, but he does enjoy all the new recipes that I glean. I think he also likes all the fun things I find for the boys - like this project!
My boys LOVE tents, forts, clubhouses - whatever you want to call them. They have a cabinet in the kitchen for this purpose but as they have gotten bigger it has become harder to share that small space. I try, really I do, but I don't have an engineering degree and that is apparently what it takes to construct a fort that doesn't have to be "remodeled" every 5 seconds. I tried a sheet over the table, but I lose a table. I tried chairs with a sheet over them, but it falls all - the - time. So, when I saw this fort on Pintrest I was determined to make it.
Here are the instructions if you are interested: http://www.angryjuliemonday.com/2011/08/01/pvc-pipe-fort-tutorial/
Here is our finished product:
It was very simple and would have been even easier if our saw had been powered. However, Danny powered it just fine. Once the poles were cut it took 5 minutes max to assemble. The directions recommend using a rubber mallet to put it together, but I didn't want the poles to be in so tight that I couldn't get them out. I like that I can take it down and pull it out again when I want a tent in my living room. It keeps it from becoming boring. I am still looking for a bigger piece of fabric, but this one will do for now. I love that the open top allows for puppet shows! Danny is great at puppet shows too!
Just one last warning. If you happen to have a two year old who gets in trouble, (what two year old doesn't?) he or she will use it as a hiding place so they can pout and it is not easy to pull him out when you are as big as a hippo :D
No comments:
Post a Comment