Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Christmas To All (Part 2)

So, I believe I left off when we arrived at my mom's house.  Have I ever mentioned that Georgia is the best place to be?


Because the boys had been traveling that day too they were wired when they got to my momma's house.  Seven hours in the car gave them a lot of time to store up energy! It was impossible to get them calmed down . . . and Mommy can't go to sleep until they do. 

Saturday we went to the Ellison Christmas gathering (Danny's mom's side of the family).  Weren't my boys handsome?  I love a boy in plaid!  (Apparently they weren't as excited about it.)



That was one packed house!  On the ride over Jonah thought we were going to "Diane's house" (Danny's grandparent's house in SC).  I tried to explain that we were only driving a little way to Grandma's house but he would not hear of it.  When we pulled up in the driveway the garage door was down and we had to go in the front door - which we never do so Jonah was even more convinced it was "Diane's house".  And who is the first person he sees upon entering???  Grandmama Diane!  He was still confused when we left.  When Huck and Eli weren't eating they were sleeping, but Jonah got to play with all the big kids.  He thought he was something else! 

Sunday we went to church with my momma.  Jonah never gets to go to Sunday School because chapel only has child watch.  So, he was excited!  They were having a Happy Birthday Jesus party with cupcakes and all!  That afternoon Danny and I snuck off to do some shopping.   We didn't find anything on our list, but we did find Jonah's birthday present half off!  Woohoo!

Monday was Christmas at my Momma's house!  Here are a few pics of the boys and their toys . . .

Rocking horse! Not the best picture, I know, but I had to show the rivalry.  It took Danny and Sean to get it together, but once assembled the little boys wouldn't get off.  Well, they pushed each other off.


Finger puppets!


Bean bags!



The funniest gift was Danny's family photo album.  When he opened it my mom told him it was full of pictures of the family to take with him on his deployment.  The first picture was . . . David.  the second picture was . . . David.  The third through tenth pictures were . . . you guessed it - DAVID!  Danny was about to die laughing!  Thankfully there was redemption in the back with a few pictures of presidents. ;)

On Christmas Day the boys woke up to more fun.  Check out this face!  Looks like fun, huh?



We went to spend several hours with the whole clan up at Maw and Poppy's house eating and opening presents.  My sweet cousin Hannah had picked out special gifts (many that she made) for each person.  She is such a sweet girl! 

Here is one of my favorites!  Two tired boys with Uncle Darryl.  :D


Sadly, Danny and I had to leave in the afternoon to head back to North Carolina.  The boys stayed with Mamzie so we could do some packing for a few days. We were planning to stop on the way home to pick up some dinner.  Silly me forgot that everything is closed on Christmas and there is not even one single Waffle House on our route.  Thank goodness Uncle Darryl had given us some deer jerky and Maw had handed us some rolls on the way out.  That was dinner :D

I have to say that Christmas this year was very special.  Since we live out of town we had to spend the night - and thus much more time - with family.  It was wonderful!  I also love Christmas as a parent.  It is so much fun to see the joy on their faces and it brings a smile to my face to hear Jonah tell the Christmas story (since he really does listen - who knew?). 

Tomorrow we go to pick up our boys!!!  I can't wait for them to see the BIG surprise we made for them.  I will post about it later.  I would hate for you to ruin the surprise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment