Saturday, July 7, 2012

Our Week . . .

It seems we can't really catch a break up here is North Carolina.  I keep wishing for those ruby red slippers, but until they arrive I guess I will have to stick it out here.  Thankfully my sister was able to come up and lend a hand last week and my in-laws stopped by Sunday night to visit.  Jonah left for Georgia with Hillary so he could visit family down there.  Boy, I miss that kid! I never realized how much fun (and noise) he adds to my life.  I am so excited about seeing him today at the beach!!!

That brings us to Monday.  Well, we had picked out a new piece of furniture last week.  Once we got it home I unloaded the heavy thing (yes, I am that strong :D  ) and brought it in the house.   We opened the box to find that the piece had three huge scratches right down the side.  Thankfully, a quick call to the company fixed the problem.  We headed off Monday afternoon to switch it out for a new one.  We got back home late and decided to make French toast.  After dinner I started the 4 hour process of cleaning up the boys.  Okay, it doesn't really take that long, but sometimes it feels that way.  Huxton was almost clean when Danny pointed out Eli's lips.  They were getting bigger by the second.  Now, who is the first person you call when anything happens that you don't know how to handle - your MOM!  She said to give him Benadryl.  I followed the doctor's orders, but his lips kept growing and he started getting red hives on his head.  Danny and I decided we would rather be safe than sorry and headed to the ER. 

They remembered us from last time. 

The nurse moved us to the front of the line after she tried to give Eli Benadryl and he could not swallow it!  Scary for mommy!  The sweet nurses in the back kept Huxton at the nurses desk and gave him a popsicle and some crackers.  He loved it!  Meanwhile, Eli was given a breathing treatment and steroids, threw up all over the floor, was given more medicine, and then finally got his popsicle.  We have to be fair.  We got home a little before midnight.  So, much for my plans to mop.

Tuesday was Danny's first day back to work since his run-in with the bike.  He was worn out by lunch.  Unfortunately, lunch is not the end of the day, so he had to stick it out a little longer.

Wednesday was of course the 4th of July!!!  Jonathan and Jessica came to visit.  We made homemade pizza and played board games.  I had all these good intentions of taking pictures but it never happened.  Oh well!  We actually were in the middle of a game and decided to skip out on loading sleeping babies up and driving to base for the fireworks.  Good thing because we would have missed the GREAT show put on by our drunk neighbors across the street!  I have never laughed so hard in the life!  They were shooting them into the neighbors yard, they were exploding right over their house.  It was very dangerous for them but fun for us to watch :D

Thursday and Friday just had a trip to Walmart and some at home time.  Since I hate loading these boys into hot car seats in 105 degree weather I was happy to stay at home.  The poor things get so sweaty!  You know they don't like it either.  We did rent a movie, but as our luck would have it it was scratched.  It took forever to watch the movie because it kept freezing.  We got the idea.

Now I better get packing!  Beach bound in just a bit!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment