Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Celebrate!!!

Last Saturday Danny and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary!  So, five years ago I was on my honeymoon, sleeping late, swimming, laying out, eating food I didn't have to cook. 

Today I was up doing crafts with Jonah at 6:15, thinking out what I was going to cook for breakfast/lunch/dinner, looking at all the toys I decided not to pick up last night because it would be a waste of time, and the truth is . . . I wouldn't have it any other way.  Our life now is a testament to five years of following God with our relationship and now our family.  It is five years that show His provision, faithfulness, and love.

I am sure you are wondering how we celebrated.  Well, we were on our way home from the beach Saturday, so we made the most of the trip.  We took Jonah putt-putting for the first time.  He loved it and actually played the first ten holes.  The little boys watched from strollers in the shade.  Sometimes the shade was in the middle of the green, so we just treated them as hazards and had to play around them.  :D  Next we went out to eat seafood.  I would definitely have to say my boys earned a gold star.  They were angels - not one yell, fuss, or complaint.  We even found a model train exhibit next door to the restaurant where Jonah could push buttons and make the trains dump logs, move barrels, etc.  Then, we headed home to unpack - woohoo.

When we arrived at home I found that Danny had been busy.  He had to come home one night during the week.  While he was home he had cleaned the house and covered the kitchen counter with flowers.  He also gave me my favorite present!  Our family photo album!  Photo albums are not good undertakings for OCD people like me.  I want EVERY picture in the album with captions.  Thankfully he does a great job and even puts some captions!  It really is a gift that keeps on giving.  So, I sat and looked at all the pictures, the old ones and the ones he had added since the last time.  It was a wonderful trip down memory lane. 

Now for the big surprise!  He wrote a poem for me.  I am going to post it without asking because he would be embarrassed - hee hee!  I married him for his rhyming skills. :D


Five Years Ago



Five years ago I said “I do,”

The words said that day were only for you.

For better or worse and in sickness and health,

I would be you man in poor and wealth.

The time has been so amazing and fun,

I am glad I pick you to complete me as “one.”



Five years ago I said “she’s mine”

To take care of and give all my time.

The days have been full of fun,

And it amazes me how close we’ve come.

The Scriptures say to provide and protect

And that’s what I’ll do with no neglect.



Five years ago I said “just you”

And that is my promise in all that I do.

The one true love that means it all,

My heart in love for you will fall.

The blessing of calling you my bride

Is the title for you I use with pride.



Five years ago I said “I’m blessed”

To cuddle with you and provide you rest.

If you are sick or tired or just need an arm

I am here for you to keep you from harm.

I am thankful for my time spent with you

The blessings I receive are daily new.



Five years ago I committed to serve

I want to give you what you deserve

A husband that’s perfect I am far from,

But a man of love is what I hope to become.

For the rest of my life to you I’ll stay true

And I hope these words show that I love you.

I'll give you a second to finish wiping your tears.  Isn't he just the sweetest thing?  No wonder my children are so kind-hearted.  They get it ALL from Danny!  I think I will keep him for another five years at least ;)

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. I can imagine he brain stormed on this for a while. Happy Belated Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Danny all he has to do is add music and then he has just written a song :) He does have it in him! Hope you guys had a great relaxing time at the beach. Hope it's the beginning of a less hectic time :)

    ReplyDelete