Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Father's Day Festivities

We ran a little late for Father's Day this year.  I remembered it was Father's Day when I walked into church and the projector had a lovely picture of a father and his son walking hand in hand.  Opps!  What a failure I am! . . . okay, I'm over it.  So, I told Danny that we were going to celebrate Father's Day the next Friday when he got home from being in the field.  That way the boys and I would have all week to get crafty!  Have you ever tried to do crafts with three boys?  They don't craft for more than 2 minutes and it takes 2 hours to clean up the mess!  :D

Here is what we came up with . . .

A card! (Thank you Pinterest) It was much easier than I thought it would be to get all those footprints!



I also took each boy's picture in Danny's boots (or as close as I could get).  I put all the pictures in a frame with the words "With every step we take we try to walk in your shoes".  Here are the pictures:


Huxton was not about the stand in those boots.  Sigh.




Last but not least (because it is my favorite one), I asked Jonah a few questions about Danny.  I didn't do it interview style because Jonah is much too busy for interviews.  I asked him questions throughout the day.  Boy, does he love his Daddy!  The funny thing?  He answered the questions the same way when Danny asked him later!  I figured I will ask him these same questions each year and see how they change.  Here are the questions and answers from this year:


What is Daddy’s name?  “Daddy”


What does Daddy do for fun?  “Basketball, soccer ball”


What does Daddy do at work?  “Play soccer ball.”


How old is Daddy?  “Two and I love him.”


What is Daddy’s favorite thing to eat?  “Meatballs”


What is Daddy’s favorite thing to drink?  “Tea”


How tall is Daddy?  “Big”


What color is Daddy’s hair?  “Green”


What color are Daddy’s eyes?  “Black”


What do you like to do with Daddy?  “Play cars”


How does Daddy drive?  “Really BIG!”


What does Daddy say?  “Go Tarheels!”


What does Daddy wear?  “Basketball helmet”


What is your favorite thing about Daddy?  “He sings a LOT!”


How much do you love Daddy?  “To the moon and back!”

So, I might have missed the REAL Father's Day, but we just love Danny so much that we needed extra time to figure out how to express it  ;)  Maybe next year I will get it to him on time!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You should definetly ask Jonah those questions every year. :-)

    ReplyDelete