Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Birthday Celebrations!

I tucked in my four and one year olds for the last time last night.  When they woke up they would be another year older.  Yes, I shed some tears and then got to work.  Huck was up for his Late Night Date Night, so he helped us decorate the table.  He especially liked being told to stand on it!  Then we laid out the birthday boy shirts so they would be ready and wrote Happy Birthday on the mirrors.

My happy helper!

Jonah painted his shirt and loved showing it off!


The birthday boys woke up with smiles!  I love those morning hugs.  We always enjoy sprinkle pancakes on birthdays, so Huck helped me whip some up.  I was excited to use the new candles I found.  The flames glow different colors.  However, Jonah said the candles were cool but they made the pancakes taste funny.  Can't have your candles and eat pancakes too - I guess.




Then we read some birthday books.  They really liked The Night Before My Birthday.  I think probably because the dad spills all the ice cream and boys really like when people fall down, especially if it looks painful.  Why is that?

Anyway, our next fun was a play dough playdate with Benaiah's neighborhood friend.  I had my hands full with Juliet and play dough so I didn't get pics :(

Mid-morning we headed off to the library for story time.  The ladies do such a wonderful job.  We read all about Valentine's Day, sang songs, and made a craft.  Benaiah was in heaven because he loves to use the glue sticks.  He puts glue on everything all in the name of being helpful.

Jonah's one request for his birthday was lunch at CiCi's Pizza.  I tried to explain that we were going to have his pizza buffet on our trip to Georgia, but that didn't cut it.  So, off we went to fill that guy up with pizza.  On the way he said, "I have been waiting forever for this day!"  He ate and ate and ate.  I am in trouble if he eats this much more each year!



Pizza makes Benaiah want to dance!


Home we went for a short nap time for the littles.  Benaiah was already worn out and the day was only halfway through.

*Backstory*
The boys have a favorite grocery bagger at the commissary.  And what is not to like?  He picks them up and spins them around and gives them little prizes and can do cool tricks.  The boys bake him bread, make him pictures, and, most recently, made him Valentine cards.  Jonah's card was shaped like a soccer ball.  In it he wrote, "When can you come and play soccer with me?"  Not only could the bagger read the message Jonah had written by himself but he wanted to come play soccer.  Once he found out the his birthday was coming up we arranged a time to meet.  So, this bagger took time off from work to come play soccer with my little boy.  What a special relationship. We need more people like that in the world!

After naps we zoomed on over to the soccer field.  Jonah was beyond happy to have a "big kid" to play soccer with him.  I don't know who wore who out.  The bagger showed him tricks, raced, spun the boys around, and made Jonah feel so special.




I don't know what kind of mom I am, but I scheduled their annual check-ups on their birthday.  Bummer.  So we swung by the doctor to see how big they had gotten.  Verdict?  Jonah needs to stop growing!  45" tall and 45 lbs.  A square!  Benaiah is a little smaller.  He is in the 7% for height and 24 lbs with his shoes and clothes on!  Love that little squirt!  We skipped the shots (until next week) because I'm not that cruel and scooted on home.

You know I love Jonah because not only did we do pizza for lunch but I let him pick dinner - chicken pockets.  So, I cooked some up and topped them off with milkshakes for dessert.  The boys loved throwing in all kinds of little candy bars.  At least Jonah also wanted mixed veggies!

Benaiah's shake ended up in a bowl.

It made my heart smile every time Jonah came up to me and told me thank you for the best day ever.  Such a sweet boy!  I love making him feel special and loved. . . because he is!

Now this momma needs some rest! We have much more celebrating to do and I'll need some sleep to do it :D  Birthday interview and pictures in Daddy's shirt coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment