This post has been in the works in my draft section for awhile. Mostly because I kept thinking, "Should I really post this? What if the boys read it when they are grown and think I didn't enjoy being their parent?" Then, everything hit the fan yesterday (Actually, the boys decided to remove their diapers, poop on their sheets, and play trucks in it instead of napping.) and I decided it was time to share my frustrations. So, I bring you . . . The Trouble With Twins: A Countdown
#5 - There is always someone to play with.
This point might seem positive - and it is most of the time. Well, no. It is some of the time. They learn to play with others and are never bored. However, they get tired of playing together. Having someone to play with that is your same age means they also like all the same toys. So, they argue over them a good bit. They also have someone to play with when it is time to sleep. Quite often I have to return to their bedroom and put an end to a game of See Who Can Jump On Sleeping Jonah.
#4 - They provide a step-stool for the other.
This nifty fact is only helpful when they need to get up on playground equipment or wash hands. Otherwise, they use it against me. They can get anything anywhere! On the counter - check! Over the baby gate - check! In my hand - check! One will just distract me while the other grabs. Nothing is sacred!
#3 - They have four hands (between the two of them).
Four hands is impossible to control when I only have two. "We can do that when brothers go to sleep." Words I catch myself saying far too often. We save all kinds of painting, cooking, and messy things for that time. I try to include them, but it is overwhelming and ends up not being fun for anyone. Today, Huck and Eli were grabbing Jonah's toys so fast he looked at me crying and said, "I think we should play this when they are night, night!" He is catching on. :(
#2 - "Great ideas" are multiplied.
Let's throw our sweet potatoes at Jonah . . . times two. Let's stick peas in all the small holes on our face . . . times two. Let's splash as big as we can and then dump cup fulls of water out of the tub . . . times two. You get the idea. Once one starts the other joins in very quickly. Most of the time Jonah knows better, but sometimes even he joins in.
#1 - There are two of them.
All the reasons boil down to one - they are twins. And the trouble with twins is - there are two of them.
Okay, there is my list. I could end by saying how much I love my little boys (because really I do and I would do it all over again) but I think I will just end it there. I am still pretty upset about the "mud" at nap time!
No comments:
Post a Comment