This post is brought to you by the number three and the letter J. J for Jonah - my favorite three year old! I have recently discovered that three stands for the three phrases he has added to his vocabulary . . . and I don't think they are leaving anytime soon! Let me share those with you now.
Phrase #1 - Watch this!
He says this so many times a day it would be impossible to count. Does it matter if I am driving? Does it matter if I am in the shower? No, I must watch. And what does he do that I must see? Well, let me show you. :D
This . . .
Or this . . .
And this that "You can never do when you grow up."
Phrase #2 - Why?
Forget simple questions I can answer. Jonah is a deep theologian. His favorite (probably because I never answer it) - "Why do things have to change?" Really!?!?! Any takers for that one? He asks why about everything else, too. I don't mind. I love to talk about as much as he does. ;)
Phrase #3 - Big kid
Jonah uses "big kid" in a variety of ways. Here are some examples . . .
"How about brothers go to bed and I stay up like a big kid."
"I can do what I want. I am a big kid." (This one did not go over well.)
"When I am a big kid I can _________?"
"I can do ______________ because I am a big kid."
Has anyone told him that three is pretty low on the rankings when it comes to "big kid" status? I mean, he has quite a few years ahead of him.
On a sweet, made-me-cry note. Jonah is turning into a not so little kid. His prayer tonight blew me away. "God, I love you. I am sorry I did wrong things. I love you, God. You do miracles. You give us money. (We read about the fish and the coin.) You give us food. (And the fish and the loaves.) Thank you for taking care of us. Amen." There is hope yet!
To sum it up . . . I love my little big man!
No comments:
Post a Comment