Thursday, February 11, 2021

The Birthday Twins

 So many birthdays to celebrate, and we are having so much fun!  Today Jonah and Benaiah turn 11 and 8! 


Jonah is getting almost as tall as me and he just won't stop growing!  This past year he has become a wonderful young man who helps out with all the "man chores" like helping me open jars - ha!  He is very interested in anything having to do with the outdoors - survival, hunting, and predatory animals.  He is fast, strong, and capable but can also get down on the floor with the littles and have them rolling with laughter.  He is extremely talented at pencil drawing and devours books.  Jonah can usually be found sneakily doing one of these activities after lights out.  Jonah is a smart leader and natural talker.  I can't wait to see how God uses Jonah to be the hero of his story!


Benaiah might be the youngest of the "big boys" but he does everything his own way.  He loves to read fantasy books but also speeds through math like a whiz.  He enjoys programing robots, playing with his snap circuits, and would be happy to sit in front of a screen all day.  (Good thing I'm his mom.). Benaiah is cuddly and enjoys read aloud time the most.  He asks questions about how everything works and wants to know all. the. things.   He loves yetis and other mystical creatures like centaurs and minotaurs.  He is quiet most of the time but when he gets silly it gets wild!  I love seeing him grow into his role as a big brother as he blesses his siblings by teaching them games and reading to them.  He is one smart (and sweet) cookie!

We love you, Jonah and Benaiah!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs. Melin,
    I don't know of any other way to reach you so I am sending you a message here. We wanted to let you know that Lucas is graduating from North Hall and is going to be the Valedictorian of his class! I thought you might like to know especially since you were a part of his success growing up. It has been a long time since first grade. I have heard about your adventures from Tiffany Blalock and that you guys are in Alaska. I can't believe you have all of those sweet children too! I like to see their pictures on this blog. I am actually about to retire with 30 years as Lucas is headed off to college. He is trying to decide between Mercer, UGA and GA Tech - all great choices. Feel free to email me sometime at carollynnpitts@gmail.com. We would love to hear from you. I could also send you pictures of Lucas as he has changed so much. He is a sprint kayaker on Lake Lanier and paddles with the USA Olympic team. He hopes to compete in the Olympics at some point. He is also an Eagle Scout. Anyway I thought you might like to hear about his successes. You were one of the best teachers he ever had. God certainly put you in the right profession and now you get to teach your own children every single day. Take care and hope to hear from you. Carol Pitts

    ReplyDelete