Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Adoption Update: A Little Longer

It has taken me two months to get up the emotional energy to write this post.  Well, actually I have written it several times only to get bogged down in all my thoughts.  However, many are awaiting Theo's past due arrival, so I think I better get this out there.

In February, we received a call letting us know that there had been some less than ethical behavior in connection with our birth mother.  I can't give many details due to legal proceedings, but the situation quickly went downhill.  Long, heart-breaking story short Baby Theo will not be coming to live with the Melins.  It has been a tough road of tears, leaning into God, and trying to heal.  At first, it felt like I was riding a tornado - everything was swirling out of control and I was praying I was just put down in one piece.  However, as time has passed and I have been driven to my knees and to the Word time and time again I have found that I am really on a roller coaster.  I don't know all the terrifying and wild twists and turns but someone does, and He knew it all along.

Since the beginning of this adoption process God has been gentle with me.  He has been leading me to scripture that has stretched my faith in amazing ways.  I thought I had learned what he had wanted to teach me.  I guess he needed me to try putting it into action.

Danny was reminded by a fellow soldier that our adoption into God's family was neither painless nor easy.  Why would I expect this to be any different?  Theo will always be a part of our family.  He is just a part we will never hug, cuddle, or push on the swing.  It is painful.  However, we ask that you join us in praying that he ends up in a Christ-centered home, so we can meet him one day in eternity.

So, how can you pray?  I have struggled with this very question.  We are pursuing a rematch.  So, we ask for these things:
- That justice is served, but that the offending parties will know the forgiveness we extend.
- That our birth mother is in a safe location and Theo is well.
- For our future child - and our patience to wait.
- That our actions, attitudes, and responses would be a witness to our children that God is trustworthy and good.
- Most of all, that God will receive the glory!  We know he is still able to do more than we can imagine!

The missing piece of our family is yet to be found, but this is not the end of the story.  This just happens to be the darkest part of he story where all seems lost and hopeless.  Only then can the hero show up.  We are waiting our Hero.  He led us into adoption, and he will see it through. He never fails to be a faithful, good, and loving Father.

Thank you for your support, encouragement, and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment