Saturday, November 19, 2016

Adoption Update - Definitely More!

Sooooooooooo, hmmmmmm, don't really know how to start here.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. - Ephesians 3:20-21

Well, have been praying this verse I feel like since we got married.  Thankfully, I married a man who believes in the power of prayer and in the power of our great and mighty God.  So, whenever we faced a "giant" we prayed this.  Whenever we faced a small problem we prayed this knowing that God could use it for big things.  Faithfully, we have seen God work time after time.

Anyway, this adoption seems be no different.  About two weeks after we were matched with our birthmother I started feeling sluggish.  I had been dealing with hormone "stuff" so I wasn't too worried.  Then, I felt more yuck.

Take a wild guess . . .

You probably guessed it.  I'm pregnant!

Did I feel every emotion under the sun? Yes!  Fear, joy, guilt, excitement, worry, thankfulness, anxiety . . . but, mostly morning sickness :)

We didn't want to tell anyone and the news get back to the boys, but we didn't want to tell the boys without first having an ultrasound.  So, we just waited.

The time has come!  Meet Mini Melin #7 coming May 2017!


The boys had started to worry about my on-going sickness, so they were very interested when Danny told them the doctor found what was making me sick.  Upon seeing this picture (and finally guessing what it was) a dance party started in our kitchen.  Huck had the biggest smile and Juliet keep patting my belly and saying "Baby!"  I am so elated at their excitement!

Are we still going through with the adoption? ABSOLUTELY!

Adoption was always a way we felt led to grow our family, but I am not sure we would have ever gotten around to being obedient in that if we had gotten pregnant right out of the gate.  We said "Yes" and now we are not going to say "No".  Also, from the moment we saw the sweet pictures from the ultrasound our hearts were taken.  We felt like that little one was already a part of our family.  How can we go back on that?

Will life be a little crazy for a while?  Maybe, but being overwhelmed is a choice.  We can also choose to set the less important things aside for awhile and bask in the joy of the Lord - which happens to come, at times, in the faces of little children.

No comments:

Post a Comment