Often a Bible verse will leave me with something I "chew on" for days! I thought if I share them it might impact someone out there too. Enjoy the Word!
Psalm 107:9 . . . for He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.
How often am I thirsty and hungry? Not in a physical sense but on a much deeper level. I am hungry for acceptance. Thirsty for peace and rest. Starving for appreciation and confirmation I am doing something right. Parched and looking for joy restored.
So, where do I turn for a drink? I wish I could say I turn to God and his Word every time, but I would be lying. I try to take a nap, take a walk, get lost on the internet searching for craft ideas, read a book. I might try to make a to do list and get it checked off, achieve a meaningless goal that I set for myself. Then, when I am all napped and crafted I am . . . still thirsty and hungry. And most likely tired, cranky, and whiny. Why? Because I have filled myself with junk. Those solutions are like a sugar high. They satisfy for an hour, maybe a day at most, and then you crash again. They don't last because they weren't meant to satisfy. How often do you turn to your own buffet of solutions instead of the one who made you and knows what you need?
Like an athlete training for a race fuels his body with good foods to sustain him, we also must turn to our Father for good things to sustain us. He doesn't give temporary fixes. He gives us what we need to quench our thirst and satisfy our hunger. I have come to realize God's best might not taste like the spiritual big bowl of ice cream. It might be a lesson that is hard to swallow, but it will be better for me in the long run.
Good things! I want to be filled with good things!
No comments:
Post a Comment