We really struck gold this week at the library. We came home with a wonderful assortment of oldies but goodies and new, clever books that had the boys laughing. This scored worked well for us since we have been quarantined for the past three weeks with ear infections, fifths disease, and a stomach bug. Once I get rid of it we should all be out and about again. Woohoo! So, here are the favorites this week!
Children Make Terrible Pets - A precious little girl bear finds a little boy and keeps it as a pet. I found this one funny because he is a typical little boy and destroys her house. Then, he ends up finding his family again. I'll leave her next pet as a surprise! ;)
If You Give a Moose a Muffin - So, I have this book, but I guess it is better coming from the library. To say Eli has an obsession with muffins is an understatement. Give the kid a muffin (or a dozen) and you will have made his day! They loved the predictability of this book and the illustrations. Needless to say we had to make muffins!
How to Train a Train - Have you ever wanted a pet train? This book will tell you how to catch, train, and love your new pet. Very cute! The boys loved choosing which train they would like to have as a pet. Jonah wanted the submarine :D
The Monster Bed - This one I loved because it is a turn around of the "monster under the bed" deal that plagues bedtime. A poor little monster is afraid of the children under his bed even though his mom says there is no such thing as children. Boy is he in for a surprise!
In addition, Jonah has been checking out kid's cookbooks and making goodies for us. This week it was chocolate! Yum! Being the sweet big brother that he is he always checks the recipe for egg. Precious boy. He is also cruising on through the A to Z Mystery books. This week he and Daddy finished one without me :( Gonna have to set some rules :D
No comments:
Post a Comment