Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Traditions I Love Love Love!

Christmas this year was so different from every Christmas in the past.  I have never stayed home all day on the holiday.  Even when I was young we visited grandparents, but this year we were at good old 55 London ALL DAY . . . and it was SO MUCH FUN!  Then again, how could it not be with my four boys!

Here are some of our holiday traditions that helped us celebrate the season!

Jesse Tree ~

We used Jesse Tree for our nightly family devotions.  The book gives you a song to sing (which Huck loved), a Bible passage and devotion, questions to see if they were listening ;) and a prayer.  The devotions start in Genesis and work their way to the birth of Christ.  However, each story points towards Christ.  Then at the end of each devotion there was a coordinating ornament to hang on their tree.  This turned into a bit of an argument some nights, but nothing hanging the ornament three times couldn't fix. :D

Tree Skirt ~

Okay, so this tradition just makes me smile because I am the mommy.  Each year I have the boys put their hand prints on the tree skirt.  Isn't Benaiah's sweet chubby hand print just adorable?  Oh, how their hands have grown!  How dare they do that!


Making Christmas Last All Day Long ~

I cut out 20 stars and wrote activities on the back of each one.  Then I hung them in a place the boys could reach.  Too bad Benaiah could reach them too!  Some of them were a bit slobbery.  On Christmas we started by turning over number one "Make cinnamon rolls".  The stars lasted all day long.  We sang carols, made snowman pizza, played play dough, made Christmas tree quesadillas, took naps in Christmas pjs, had an indoor snowball fight, and opened presents, of course!  I loved how it made the holiday last all day long!



Happy Birthday Jesus Cake ~

Danny's family made a cake for baby Jesus when he was younger, and he wanted to continue this tradition with our boys.  So, we have made a cake every year and won't stop any time soon.  I had a wonderful kitchen crew who helped stir, decorate, and lick the spoons!  Jonah wanted to know how we were going to get he cake to Jesus ;)  Sweet boy!  He even made us leave a piece for him.


And it was delicious!


It is safe to say we had a wonderful Christmas.  We took down the decorations and the boys almost cried!  I told them that we would have Christmas again next year.  A few days later I told them that it would be a new year in a few days.  Jonah quickly exclaimed, "Then we can have Christmas again!"  Yes, Jonah.  Christmas again . . . in 350 something days :D

No comments:

Post a Comment