Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pumpkin Pie!

Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin!  I feel like everyone goes pumpkin crazy this time of year.  Everything is pumpkin spice this and pumpkin flavored that.  I don't really see what is so wonderful about it.  I have a recipe for pumpkin spice muffins that is really good but that is about all the pumpkin we do.

Well, after visiting a local pumpkin farm we came home with EIGHT pie pumpkins. (They gave out free pumpkins to every hayride rider.)  Jonah got in his mind that we were going to make a pumpkin pie.  So, we did!  Jonah and I did a little nap time cooking that turned out to be delicious!

He is going to tell you all about it, so I am going to let him take it from here. . .

First, we had to get the seeds out and put the in a bowl.  It felt gooey!

I baked it.  It was brown.  I stirred it.

Then, we had to make the crust.  We mixed salt, sugar, and flour.

I stirred it.  Oh, and oil.

We pushed it.  We crushed it!

We mixed the pumpkin.  Then, I drank lemon juice.  We didn't put any egg because Eli can't have egg.

We poured it into the pie crust.  We baked it for ten minutes.

Mommy got it out because it was too hot.

It smelled like vanilla.
We ATE it!!!



Huck ate it from the top because he liked it.




I ate it!

It tasted like vanilla.  It was the best!




Well, off Jonah goes to play.  Blogging is not in his future.  Not too interested, but at least you have the idea of how we finally made his pumpkin pie!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment