I am posting this to ask prayers for my littlest boy, Eli. We had some disheartening news yesterday at the doctor. I could tell something was a little off with Eli, especially compared to his other brothers. However, he is so darn sweet that I tend to overlook the areas in which he falls behind. Before I go any further I want to say that I know many people out there have it much worse, but when it is your kid he is really all that matters to you. I am thankful that he is as healthy as he is and that we have the means to help him as he needs. I am asking for prayers because I also know I have a Father who cares about the big things and the little things.
He went in for his 15 month appointment. He weighs a little over 17 1/2 pounds (0%) and is 28 3/4 inches long (1%). The scary thing is his head circumference went from the 25%-40% where it has been to the 4%. Of course he has the throwing up issue that we are STILL investigating, but it has gotten better since the move and he continues to stay the same size.
He also fell below average in all the areas of the developmental questionnaire. He doesn't try to say any words past "dada" and "duck". He can't use a spoon or suck out of a sippy cup. They are referring him to have a complete evaluation to see if he needs to start seeing an OT, PT, speech therapist, etc in addition to the pediatric GI doctor that we will start seeing at UNC.
So, please pray for our sweet boy. Pray that God will heal his body in a miraculous way. Pray for me as I patiently wait for referrals and results. Pray for our family as we travel to doctor appointments and have to leave the other boys with sitters. And if you find yourself like me - so overwhelmed that you don't even know where to start praying - then sit and know that we serve a God that is good, perfect, and powerful and let the Holy Spirit speak on your behalf.
Thanks,
Carly
No comments:
Post a Comment